On 20 July 2020, the Tanzanian Government issued an addition to the decree of 18 May 2020 with the new measures decided to enter the country aimed at containing the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the country.
- All arriving passengers are subject to screening for the Covid-19 virus, however there is no requirement for quarantine.
- All arriving passengers must have a certificate of negativity at Covid-19 made in the country of departure within 72 hours prior to travel. If symptoms occur on arrival they will undergo further tests.
- All passengers entering Tanzania are required to follow the basic rules for prevention against Covid-19: hand hygiene, use of masks and social distancing.
- All passengers are required to complete a specific form before disembarking from any means of transport used to enter Tanzania with truthful information which must be presented to the Health Authorities present on arrival.
- The personnel of the means of transport used to enter Tanzania must report possible high risk passengers.
The Tanzanian authorities are required to enforce these provisions and to check the veracity of the declarations made by passengers.